Maximum Vibration Protection, Extreme Rigidity
A copper-plated steel chassis creates a barrier for maximum isolation from external vibration as well as electromagnetic and radio frequency interference, allowing AV8801 to communicate the most delicate audio program with absolute clarity. For even more rigidity, the top cover is made up of three individual pieces attached to both sides of the chassis. In addition, AV8801 utilizes a double brace that attaches the front and back together for “tri box” construction that further strengthens the unit.
Analog-Like 32-bit/192kHz DAC, 13 HDAM Devices
AV8801’s extremely sophisticated DAC delivers significantly higher resolution and wider dynamic range than CDs. Its HDAM circuits are custom-tuned to individual products and enhance performance in ways that no off-the-shelf component can. Marantz chose 13 HDAM devices specifically geared to providing the best sound possible.
Dual-Purpose Toroidal Transformer, Balanced XLR Terminals
AV8801’s toroidal transformer serves a dual purpose. First, it operates more efficiently, enabling the power supply to flawlessly respond to demanding musical transients. Second, it produces less spurious magnetic energy that helps lower the noise floor for ultra-quiet operation. Balanced XLR terminals offer +40dB rejection of induced noise in the cable while providing a superior mechanical connection. AV8801 incorporates dedicated balanced inputs for sources such as SACD.
Audyssey XT32 utilizes more than 10,000 individual control points, allowing finer details of the room’s problems to be captured and corrected.
- 4k/2k Video: Displays are here and content is coming and the AV8801 is ready.
- 4-port Ethernet Hub: This built-in hub can be used for Ethernet-based products like set-top-boxes, gaming consoles, and Blu-ray players and eliminates the hassle of installing a 3rd party hub.
- HDMI 6+1 in/ 2+1out (Dual HDMI out & Zone out): More devices feature HDMI outputs, and with a total of 7 HDMI inputs the AV8801 can easily handle all of your different source components. With a two zone matrix HDMI output, you now have true two zone capability. There is also a 3rd HDMI output that will mirror the output of the main zone.
- InstaPrevue: InstaPrevue allows the end user to preview content on each of the HDMI inputs.
- Three Zone Audio: Each of the three audio zones can be controlled via IR, IP/App and/or RS232.
- Integration: Because Marantz has strategic partnerships with all of the major control companies, you can be assured that both RS232 and IP protocol will be both reliable and lightning fast.
- Shallow depth chassis, DC triggers, discrete IR commands and IR flasher inputs are among the features incorporated to insure that the installation goes smoothly.
- Mobile App control with advanced media browsing: Whether you are a fan of Apple or Android, Marantz has apps that allow for full control of the AV8801. Both apps are elegant looking and easy to operate.
- 11.2-channel processing with DTS Neo:X & Audyssey DSX.
Standard video connectors
Input/output level and impedance: 1 Vp-p, 75 ohm
Frequency response: 5 Hz – 10 MHz 0, –3 dB
Color component video connector
Input/output level and impedance:
Y signal — 1 Vp-p, 75 ohm
PB signal — 0.7 Vp-p, 75 ohm
PR signal — 0.7 Vp-p, 75 ohm
Frequency response: 5 Hz – 60 MHz — 0, –3 dB
(Note: μV at 75 ohm , 0 dBf = 1 x 10–15 W)
Receiving Range: 87.5 MHz – 107.9 MHz
Usable Sensitivity: 1.5 μV (14.8 dBf)
MONO 78 dB (IHF–A weighted, DIRECT mode)
STEREO 68 dB (IHF–A weighted, DIRECT mode)
HD 85 dB
Total harmonic Distortion (at 1 kHz):
MONO 0.1 %
STEREO 0.2 %
HD 0.02 %
Receiving Range:AM: 530 kHz – 1710 kHz
Usable Sensitivity: 20 μV
S/N: HD 85 dB
Total harmonic Distortion (at 1 kHz): HD 0.02 %
Input sensitivity/Input impedance
Unbalanced input: 200 mV/47 k ohm
Balanced input: 400 mV/94 k ohm
Frequency response: 10 Hz – 100 kHz — +1, –3 dB (DIRECT mode)
S/N: 105 dB (IHF–A weighted, DIRECT mode)
Distortion: 0.005 % (20 Hz – 20 kHz) (DIRECT mode)
Rated output: Unbalanced pre-output: 1.2 V
Balanced pre-output: 2.4 V
Rated output: 2 V (at 0 dB playback)
Total harmonic distortion: 0.008 % (1 kHz, at 0 dB)
S/N ratio: 102 dB
Dynamic range: 100 dB
Format: Digital audio interface
Phono equalizer (PHONO input)
Input sensitivity: 2.5 mV
RIAA deviation: ±1 dB (20 Hz to 20 kHz)
S/N: 74 dB (A weighting, with 5 mV input)
Rated output: 150 mV
Distortion factor: 0.03 % (1 kHz, 3 V)
Power supply: AC 120 V, 60 Hz
0.2 W (Standby mode)
0.5 W (CEC standby mode)
5.1 W (network standby mode)
Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 21/64″ x 7 9/32″ x 15 21/64″
Weight: 30 lbs